The fact of the matter is, the needs of the clients of an estate planning and elder law practice are different than those of other practices. You need support and attention even when we are not actively engaged in doing your work. One of our founding principles is that it is as important for our clients to have confidence that you and your family will be supported as needed through the years as it is for you to have quality planning in the first place. This means devoting time, professional staff and resources to staying in touch, providing continuing education, and encouraging regular plan review.
It turns out that giving you clarity through pressure- communications builds trust, improves the quality of understanding, diminishes frustration, and generally puts you and us at ease. Not surprisingly, when you understand us to be your trusted advisor and are comfortable with your experience, we are more fulfilled. We hope our service and support will make a difference in your life and in the lives of those you care about. That’s why we became lawyers in the first place.
We offer the following pledge of clarity as to your estate planning experience after you engage us:
• We will listen to you and your concerns so that we provide a plan that is specific to your needs;
• Our focus will be on you. We will advise you about the best ways to accomplish your goals and coach you through all aspects of your planning decisions;
• Our job is to make sure you have the right plan for you, that the documents reflect your planning goals, and then that the plan works as intended. We will stay in relationship with you and your family to help make things work;
• We will work on a flat fee basis and fully explain your fee before you engage our services;
• All of your legal documents will be first rate and will drafted by our experienced lawyers rather than paralegals;
• We will carefully explain your legal documents;
• Your plan is about much more than your legal documents. In order to ensure that your plan works as intended, an experienced professional on our team will work hands on with you and with your financial service providers to ensure that your assets are owned properly and your beneficiary designations correctly established, rather than leaving it to you to set up this part of your plan;
• We will provide you with a take away summary of your planning so you can share it with your family if you choose;
• We will follow up with you after you have signed your planning documents to answer any new questions you may have;
• We will host annual client seminars to continue our commitment to educate you about important aspects of your plan;
• We will send you an annual letter updating you on changes in the law or introducing new planning opportunities which might help you;
• We will provide, at least annually, an educational program for any one you name as Executor or Trustee in your plan documents explaining what will be expected of them;
• We will stay in touch with you through newsletters, updates on the law, and educational programs directed at keeping you informed about changes in planning opportunities so that your plan works when you need it;
• We will be there for you and your family in the event of your disability or death with the same commitment to clarity and complete services.
• We offer an affordable Legacy Client Program so that you can meet with your primary attorney every year to review and update your plan.
"AV® , AV Preeminent® , Martindale-Hubbell DistinguishedSM and Martindale-Hubbell NotableSM are Certification Marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell® certification procedures, standards and policies."