Unfortunately, estates and trusts can be particularly prone to disputes. Family tensions, poorly drafted documents, changed circumstances and large amounts of money can all cause conflicts to develop and escalate quickly between fiduciaries, beneficiaries and third parties. Whenever possible, Clarity Legal Group® strives to help resolve these conflicts informally in order to save time, money, and the expense of litigation.
Sometimes, however, litigation is unavoidable. Here are a few examples of conflicts that could arise:
- Beneficiaries may suspect that a trustee or other fiduciary has misappropriated funds.
- A trustee may be accused of investing funds improperly.
- Beneficiaries may believe that someone with diminished capacity is being unduly influenced.
- A guardian may need to be appointed to manage the care of an elderly person. Or perhaps, an appointment may need to be reconsidered and a guardian replaced.
- Family members of a deceased person may be facing specious claims from long-lost relatives.
In such situations, it is particularly important for you to have experienced attorneys on your side. The attorneys at Clarity Legal Group® have extensive experience creating wills and trusts, administering trusts and estates, and dealing with families. Our experience with these issues informs our approach to litigation and dispute resolution. We understand the complex legal, practical, economic and family issues involved Estate and Trust Litigation. Whether you are a beneficiary, executor, administrator, trustee or other fiduciary, Clarity Legal Group®’s attorneys have the commitment, experience and knowledge necessary to handle your dispute.