We’re now offering our popular Wills, Trusts & Nursing Home
Asset Protection Seminar online.
Join us from the comfort of your couch!
Learn how to protect your
family home & nest egg
Tuesday, July 20, 2021
6:00 PM ET
Discover How to Protect Your
Assets and Provide for Your Loved Ones
Are you ready to begin making decisions that will protect your independence and ability to stay in control if you get sick or need long-term care in the future?
Join Attorney Mark Costley for a special ONLINE 90 minute training event! Learn how to use simple legal strategies to help make your wishes known, keep peace in the family, and ensure that life is as easy as possible for your loved ones, no matter what happens.
Who Should Attend This Webinar?
If you don’t currently have a plan in place to protect your family and assets… or if it’s been at least three years since you’ve last looked at your old estate plan.
On this webinar you’ll learn:
- The advantages and disadvantages of both wills and trusts.
- How the new SECURE Act has impacted inherited IRAs and the best strategies to minimize taxes to your heirs.
- How to keep your affairs private and your loved ones out of court if you become disabled and can’t speak for yourself. (Hint: Not all Powers of Attorney are valid!)
- All about probate and what steps can you take now to help your family avoid this expensive and time-consuming legal process.
- If you will you owe estate taxes and how to help your heirs minimize or even avoid “death” taxes after your passing.
- Easy strategies to protect your children’s inheritance from being seized if they get divorced, sued or file bankruptcy in the future.
- How to preserve your estate for your children should you pass away and your surviving spouse gets remarried (without a plan, your family’s inheritance will legally go to the new husband or wife!).
- How to qualify and use Medicaid to pay for nursing home expenses which can average $9,500 monthly.
- How parents (and grandparents!) of children with special needs can plan for a lifetime of care without jeopardizing eligibility for important benefits like Medicaid or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Yes! Send me the instructions on how to join this 1 hour estate planning webinar!
Mark Costley has more than 30 years of legal experience, including twenty years in the Raleigh, Durham, Cary and Chapel Hill areas. After helping hundreds of North Carolinians with estate planning, elder law, asset protection, trust and estate administration and planning for children and adults with special needs, Mark established Clarity Legal Group with a legal team and firm structure designed specifically to support the needs of clients seeking these kinds of services. The firm is organized around the belief that estate planning is part of a life well lived and that helping people fulfill their goals and protect their families is a privilege. Mark graduated from Duke University and Duke University School of Law. He volunteers extensively in the nonprofit community and has served as a Trustee of Duke University, Trustee and Chairman of the Board of the North Carolina Humanities Council, Chairman of the Board of the Servant Center, Inc., Member of the Board of Directors of Carrboro Arts Center and Board Member and President of the Durham Orange Estate Planning Council. In addition to his busy practice, Mark has been a prolific speaker on a variety of legal issues, including estate planning, Living Trusts, estate and trust administration, planning for people with disabilities, Medicaid planning, for IRA distributions, legal ethics and asset protection. He is an avid sports fan, has taught Sunday School, served as a high school swimming official and enjoys reading, travel, tennis, music and politics. He is married to Margaret Costley and has two daughters.